Dear Pakistan,

You're lovely! A very happy 62nd birthday to you! =)
I know we haven't been good to you since the past year or so and I'm so sorry. I know we blame you and we curse you but the truth is, we our responsible for the state you are in now-a-days. I'm sorry for just sitting here and talking about it and not making a difference. I'm sorry for taking away your beauty and coloring you with black instead of white and green.
62 years ago, a wise man gave us this present, that we have carelessly thrown away. So many lives were taken away and still are being taken away. The cries are unheard, the tears are not going to stop & neither are our prayers. It's because we have you. You are my pride, my integrity
no matter what!
Pakistan, thank you for everything. Thank you for giving me an identity. Yes, I'm a Pakistani and proud to say it. Thank you for giving me a shield. Yes, we're the third most dangerous country in the world but I've still got you to hold on to. Thank you for giving me my army, so that I sleep peacefully at night. Thank you for giving me a nationality, a reason to be known world wide, 2 colours to paint myself pure. Thank you for it all.
Pakistan, I love you.

Iss parcham ke saey talay hum aik hein, hum aik hein...

Love,
Me

P.S: And to the rest of you, Jashn-e-Azaadi mubarak! =)



3 Comments:

  1. Ubaid said...
    Happy independence day to you as well :)
    Naina said...
    i am so glad i read this one.. lovely post..

    happy belated Independence day to you..
    Naina said...
    i am so glad i read this one.. lovely post..

    happy belated Independence day to you..

Post a Comment