All those times
When I had thought you were mine
I used to sit with you
And stare deeply in your eyes
Because I knew how time flies
And I knew these brown eyes
Would be the reason I would cry..


You used to rest your head on the table
And I used to trace your jawline
Sometimes, I used to be scared to touch you
Just so I could take in every detail
Without you acknowledging it
But, did you?
Because I knew one day
You were going to be so far away
And she would be the one
Having it all won
What we had only talked about..


But I still keep a picture of your smile
In my mind
A recording of your laugh
In my heart
And if you put these together
It's the treachery of the night
Now breaking me apart

I never knew it'd hurt
I never knew I'd lie
But every other night I think of you with her
And little by little,
I die..


These memories are fading away
Your touch is making its escape
I'm being blinded by light
It's a new dawn
I'm in for another fight

Baby, why can't I reverse time
And again make you mine
And live a life of deceit
Because in front of you
I forfeit..


Your touch I still remember
Your hugs in the late afternoons of the cold December
Your scent mixing with mine
Baby, please! I beg you,
Just turn back time...





NoneofthisconcernsmeIamjustawriter

3 Comments:

  1. Ubaid said...
    But I still keep a picture of your smile
    In my mind
    A recording of your laugh
    In my heart
    And if you put these together
    It's the treachery of the night
    Now breaking me apart

    couldn't say it better...

    yaar i didn't knew that u were heart broken too ...

    khairrrr awesomely written... i was like shocked while reading this ... u have portrayed it so beautifully.. am amazed ;) !!
    Anushay. said...
    Haw, why shocked?=D
    And thank you so much for liking it =)
    Ubaid said...
    coz ur style is similiar too mine... so that shocked me a bit !!

Post a Comment