I sat on the stairs of my porch as the wind crept by making my tangled hair flutter with pleasure. Letting the soft music add to the trance that possessed me, I inhaled the fresh air, which still dripped with the fragrance of the rain. The tree, that hung lowly over the gate, hustled soundlessly as the wind dried the leaves on it.
I had purposely switched the porch light off so that I could easily fade in the night. Hearing muffled voices behind the door, I wished that no one would come outside because I desperately wanted to experience these precious moments with nature alone.
I gasped as the dark night bathed itself with lightening, followed by a rumble from the sky, which vibrated in my body. The noise reminded me of the giant in “Jack & the Beanstalk” It was almost as if somewhere up there, some unknown calamity had disturbed the giant from its sleep again. The sky painted the image in front of my eyes, again, in blue and white. Even though it was only for a few seconds, my mind clicked a still frame of it and I relished the picture in front of myself.
The wet driveway reflected the angry clouds above it as the leaves glinted in emerald green, garnished with tiny diamonds. The beige wall paint seemed to be the eye of the tornado, as it smoothly melted with its surroundings.
I slowly let my breath out, mesmerized, yet my mind wandering through the door I had locked a long time ago. Further lowering the volume of the music, I concentrated on the sound the raindrops made on the pavement, as it started drizzling again. “Tick-tick-tick”, they all came rushing down, as if competing in a race, wanting to be the first to hit the ground and scatter.
Changing the song, I smiled as it switched to the one that matched my mood. Losing myself in the beat, I crashed in my memories. It was then that I saw his face. So clearly, that if I drew my hand forward, I would have felt his smooth skin kiss the tips of my fingers.
Do you still think of me when it rains? Would you still have texted me during this time? Would you still have kissed my left cheek tenderly as I made you see the world through my eyes? Would you have held me close, so earnest, so assuring and not said a word because you knew the silence fit so perfectly? Would you answer me? Please? Would you?

Bheegi bheegi raaton mein,
phir tum ao na,
aisi barsaaton mein,
ao na..

6 Comments:

  1. Maryam said...
    I was reading along, smiling at your inescapable grammatical mistakes and THEN.
    I. Read. The. Last. Part.
    ....do you need me to explain what happened to me? I don't think so.

    *chapair*!
    Anushay. said...
    hahaha
    let it be that way. You know i won't correct a single word =D
    I kiond of RUINED the last part? um but whaaaaaaaaaaaat. i like it? why chapair?=S
    You DO need to explain. =P
    Marina said...
    Adnan Sami, after sooo long.
    Beautifully written post.
    I hope he would. It would take a hard heart to resist that plea. =]
    Anushay. said...
    Thank you Marina! =)

    I know, this song fit so perfectly with the weather last night! =D
    americanising desi said...
    Meri jaan-e-jigar, ab meri nazar ke saamne hai
    Meri laqt-e-jigar, ab meri nazar ke saamne hai

    Jiske deedar ki hasrat mein mai kabse tha bechain
    woh shaam-o-sahar, ab meri nazar ke saamne hai
    :D
    i just felt so yummy!
    Anushay. said...
    Whattey ! =P

Post a Comment